Friday, February 25, 2011

9 Month Wellness Visit



Last week, I took Genevieve to her 9 month wellness checkup and let me tell you it was a nightmare!! We checked in at the front office at 9:45 am, I had all the paper work done before hand, so all we had to do was wait. We waited until 10:40 am, almost an hour!! By the time we finally got back into the room, Ben was already bored and extremely antsy. Then the second I put Genevieve down on the scale to be weighed, she starts screaming and didn't clam down until she was buckled into her car seat. While Genevieve is screaming, Ben was singing at the top of his lungs. Truth be know Ben was just trying to help calm Genevieve down, but not only was it not working it was driving me crazy! When anyone who was wearing scrubs even walked into the room, she was would start screaming again. I think she remembers when she had a catheter for a urine sample, about a month ago. She usually does really well with the doctor, NOT this time. If you can't tell it was a horrible experience for everyone involved. The only saving grace about the appointment was that the office had free Costco cookies. I am now trying to decide whether to go back to that office or to find another Pediatrician. I miss our old Doctor, he was awesome!! Sorry, if you can't tell it was a stressful situation, I am glad its over!

Genevieve's stats for her 9 month wellness visit:

Weight: 20 pounds or 80%
Height: 31.5 inches or 100+%
Head: 60% (I couldn't hear over her screaming what it was in inches)

The nurse measured her twice, just to make sure that she got her height right. Yeah, my daughter is very tall for her age! The doctor said that he was going to put her into the 100+% plus club! Once again they asked about how tall her dad is, I told him 6 ft, which is average for a man. He said then she most likely gets her height from me, because 5'10 is pretty tall for a woman. If Genevieve follows in my foot steps she will always know where to stand in a class picture, in the very back! It has is its perks.

At the moment Genevieve has six teeth. Four on the bottom and two on the top. On the top she has her "I" and not her two front teeth, just like Ben! She is a very curious little girl and is into everything!! She loves to play peek-a-boo. She will put the blanket over her head and then start to laugh. When you ask her "how big is Genevieve, she will raise her hands over her head. "So big"



She loves to eat Cheerios! She is really good at the self feeding thing, well that's if its finger foods.She looks so big sitting in a high chair. Where did the time go? She is such a happy little girl and makes others around her happy. I can't go to the store without someone commenting on how beautiful and happy she is. I love this little girl so much! She makes me laugh and cry on a daily basis.

4 comments:

Sly Family said...

She is for sure super cute, I love the color of her eyes!!! I can't believe she has six teeth! Colin is still toothless, although as a nursing mum is a blessing. I hope you next doctor visit isn't as crazy.

Karen said...

For some reason your story made me laugh---sorry! I'm not being insensitive because I've felt the pain of a screaming child at the doctor's but it was just well written and funny.

Eve'n'Steven Hurst said...

Genevieve is gorgeous. We can hardly wait to be able to come and spend time with her and Ben, oh yeah, and Gina and Doug too.

Kristen Moss said...

She is getting so big. wow. 6 teeth crazy, kem hasn't even sprouted one yet. HAHA.

I think I have said this before, but wow, she looks just like big brother! but like a girl!