Thursday, April 21, 2011

Zoo Day!

Doug's family came to visit us a couple of weeks ago. While they were here visiting, Doug took the day off and we decided to head down to the Zoo in Colorado Springs. It was a bit pricey, but worth it. (we are used to the free zoo in D.C.)

I am not even kidding when I say that you get up close and personal with the Giraffes! For a couple of dollars you can get some lettuce to feed the giraffes.

Ben taking his turn feeding the the giraffes! He was doing his best not to get licked, he thought is was gross.
I have to admit I was a little nervous at first. It was the first time I have ever been that close to a animal that big before. And there saliva was gross!!

Most people would be amazed at the bear that was staring right at them. (If the glass wasn't there you could have pet it) But not my boys, they sat and stared at the fish, in the bears exhibit and made faces at them.
Whenever we see one of these things we have to take a picture.In the bird room, you could buy a stick with bird seed stuck to it. Doug is trying to help Ben get a bird.
Doug's attempt at getting Ben closer to the birds.I think this picture speaks for itself.This cute little bird came and landed on my shoulder. I didn't really want it there, I have been pooped on by a bird and its not funny!! At first Genevieve just looked at it and then she tried to grab it, luckily to bird was smart and flow away! (You like the double chin, I feed it, its mine. Although, it is getting smaller, Wahoo!)
Genevieve was having fun playing with the Gorilla. She would hit the glass and the gorilla would hit it back in the same spot. A high so to speak.I hate getting on the scale alone so I made my family get on with me. I don't remember how much we weighed together.(probally a good thing!)We had a lot of fun, even though it was pretty windy and Genevieve would not take a nap. We will definitely have to visit Colorado Springs again to visit the zoo. It was by far the best zoo, we have ever gone too. Benjamin is still talking about it.

0 comments: