Saturday, June 4, 2011

Welcome Home!!

For the past 18 months my little sister has been serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. She was serving in the Washington D.C. North mission. We are so glad to have her home!! I know it sounds selfish but it has been a long 6 months waiting for her, because if you recall we lived in the Washington D.C. and got to see her a couple of times. Due to the weather in the Midwest, Valerie came home a day late. She also got into SLC late at night, but that didn't keep the Grand kids away from the airport. The grand kids are patiently waiting for Valerie to come down the stairs. Valerie's flight arrived in SLC just a couple of hours after Doug flew in from Denver. And because I didn't want to make two trips to the airport, Doug was able to pick Ducky up at the gate. Although, she walked right past him he was still able to pick her up a the gate. I honestly don't know who was more excited to see Ducky: my parents, me or Ben or all the other grand kids for that matter. It was so nice to finally get her home. Her first week home she didn't want to sleep alone, so Ben volunteered to sleep on her floor. He was excited that he got to have a sleep over with her. We had to take a family photo at Valerie's homecoming. This photo is almost complete, we are missing 4 of the grand kids in this picture. It was so nice to all be together.I love just spending time with my family. I love that we all get along and would do anything for anyone of us. I know that not every family is as close as mine, and I love it!!! I have truly been blessed!This is the first time that all of my siblings and there spouses have been together in almost 4 years. It was so great being all together. I couldn't have asked for better siblings.
My sisters are the best!!! Honestly, as I type I am crying because my sisters mean the world to me. I have learned and continue to learn from them. They inspire me! I just love them!! I also have been blessed with three wonderful sister in laws. Trust me they are the best too! Its been so much fun getting to know them over the years. They are just as much as part of the family as my two blood sisters, I just don't have pictures of them. Besides that they put up with my brothers and love them, and thats a hard thing to do! I love them too, just the same!!!

Welcome Home Sister Duckry, we love you!!!

0 comments: