Saturday, February 9, 2013

Family Fun at Skate City

Ever since I took Benjamin skating, he has been begging me to take him again. But since it was a fight with Genevieve last time, I figured we would wait and go as a family. And if Doug is there then I myself would not have to skate, cause I had Maddi. Good thinking on my part if you ask me!!

This time we were to at least able to get Genevieve to wear some skates. She would only walk around in them, she wanted nothing to do with going out into the rink.
The kids were kind of bored when they would clear the rink and let the parents skate without kids. Doug loved it though.
I have said it before and I will probally say it again. Genevieve is one of those kids that is freaked out by something until you make her do it. Doug tried to show her how much fun skating is, she wasn't buying it.
Genevieve somehow got the ski ball machine to work without putting money into it.
At first she would pick up a ball and throw it, like you would a baseball. I decided she needed a little help before she hurt someone.
She then taught Benjamin how to start the game without paying for it. Truth be known I think the kids had more fun playing with the ski ball more than they did skating.

0 comments: