Saturday, November 24, 2012

Skate City

During our two week fall break, I took the kids to Skate city. On Thursdays they open their doors to kids 2-6 years old. They teach them how to skate, to stop and how to fall without hurting themselves. They also give them snacks and drinks. Benjamin and Genevieve were so excited by this idea. But once we got there and I got the skates on Genevieve she wanted nothing to do with it. I was that mean parent that literally put there kid in the rink and walked away. Yeah, that didn't last long. But she is the type of kid that will be freaked out by something until she tries it and then she loves it doesn't want to stop. Horse back riding, was one such thing she hated until we forced her and then she won't get off the poor horse. Skating was not fun as horse back riding apparently. So I gave in and she watched on the side lines with me and Maddi.

Benjamin had so much fun! He has asked that we miss school on a Thursday, so that he can go skating. Hopefully, we can go as a family one of these days so that Genevieve will do it.
As always, Maddi was the chill baby. I think she is getting sick of having her picture taken though.

1 comments:

Deidra Smith said...

Fun! My kids have been wanting to try a rink. They rollerblade all over the neighborhood, but it's not the same as a nice smooth rink to zoom around.